The Ultimate Geography Quiz Questions for Your Next Travel Themed Quiz
Maybe you’re planning a family quiz night, or you fancy mixing up a Friday evening with your friends or perhaps you just want to test your geography knowledge.
Whatever it is you’re going to need some killer questions. Our geography and travel-based quiz questions are sure to get those brains ticking.
There are four different categories covering everything from capital cities to famous lakes.
Good luck and remember no cheating.
- What is the capital of Slovakia?
- Which major city is located on two continents?
- Which city is the most visited city in the world?
- Ljubljana is the capital of which European country?
- Which city is currently the most expensive in the world?
- Which city has the largest population in the world?
- What is the world’s northernmost capital city?
- With 226 restaurants receiving stars, which city is the world’s Michelin-starred?
- Which city has the youngest population in Europe?
- In which city will you find the CN Tower?
- Bratislava 2. Istanbul, Turkey 3. Bangkok, Thailand 4. Slovenia 5. Singapore 6. Tokyo 7. Reykjavik, Iceland 8. Tokyo 9. Birmingham 10. Toronto
- What is the largest lake, by volume, in the world?
- What lake is at the junction of the borders of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland?
- What Scottish body of water supposedly has a monster living in it?
- Which country has the most lakes in the world?
- What is the highest large lake in the world?
- In which continent will you find Lake Superior?
- The largest lake in Europe is Lake Ladoga, where is it located?
- Lake Como and Lake Garda are two of the most beautiful lakes located in which country?
- Where will you find the Pink Lake?
- Is Lake Tahoe a saltwater lake or a freshwater lake?
- Caspian Sea 2. Lake Constance 3. Loch Ness 4. Canada 5. Lake Titicaca 6. North America 7. Russia 8. Italy 9. Australia 10. Freshwater
- Where is the Valley of the Kings?
- In Copenhagen, Denmark there is a statue depicting which of Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tales?
- Machu Picchu is located in which country?
- In which European city will you find the Spanish Steps?
- What are we talking about when we say Krakatoa, Etna and Mauna Loa?
- In which country would you find Angel Falls – the tallest waterfall in the world?
- The Grand Canyon can be found in which US state?
- If you visited Agra in India, which UNESCO World Heritage Centre will you find?
- The Golden Gate Bridge is found in which city?
- La Sagrada Familia, located in Barcelona,a is designed by who?
- Egypt 2. The Little Mermaid 3. Peru 4. Rome 5. Volcanoes 6. Venezuela 7. Arizona 8. Taj Mahal 9. San Francisco 10. Antoni Gaudí
- Which country has the longest coastline in the world?
- How many US states begin with the letter A?
- What is the name of the largest river to flow through Paris?
- Mount Vesuvius can be seen from which modern Italian city?
- What is the currency of Sweden?
- How many states are there in Australia?
- What African country has the largest population?
- What is the largest desert in the world?
- What is the smallest country in the world?
- In what country would you now find Dracula’s castle?
- Canada 2. Four – Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas 3. The Seine 4. Naples 5. Swedish Krona 6. Six 7. Nigeria 8. Antarctica 9. Vatican City 10. Romania
How many did you get right?