How To Claim
If you require Emergency Assistance, please click here.
Medical Insurance providers are judged on how they service a claim. After all, this is why the cover has been purchased in the first place. We know this and we are committed to making the process as simple and painless as possible for you. We will always endeavour to either pre-approve your claim directly with the treating facility or, if you choose to ‘pay and claim’, settle claims within 5 working days of their substantiation.
Inpatient Claims and Claims likely to exceed €1,000
Please obtain our prior approval as soon as reasonably possible, but at least 7 days before treatment. This will enable us to pre-approve your claim so that you don’t have any nasty surprises and we can guarantee costs directly to a hospital so that you don’t have any out-of-pocket expenses. Please note that all non-emergency claims likely to exceed €1,000 are required to be pre-approved by us. This ensures that we can validate your claim, to provide maximum peace-of-mind, and ensure you don’t have any out-of-pocket expenses.
Once you become aware that you need to make a claim against your policy please call us for the appropriate claim form; or you can download one from here:
Please return this with proof of your loss, detailing the dates, nature and cost of the illness and the treatment prescribed and provided, with original receipts, as soon as reasonably possible.
Any medical claim likely to exceed €1,000 is required to be preauthorised by Us. Failure to seek pre-authorisation will result in Your claims being denied. To have your claim pre-authorised please contact Expat Assist on +44 203 285 7248 (24 hours a day / 7 days a week).
For all other claims: Please complete the TravelCare claims Form, which can be downloaded here:
Please return the completed for to us, along with:
– A copy of your passport.
– Proof of your address (utility bill).
– Any supporting medical reports or hospital discharge notices.
– Invoices for any costs incurred.
– Proof of your travel itinerary (plane tickets, travel booking confirmation, hotel booking confirmation).
– If lost or stolen goods: A copy of the policy report.
– If lost or stolen goods: A copy of proof of ownership and current value.
– If goofs lost of stolen whilst in the possession of a common carrier (i.e. an airline): A copy of the Property Irregulairyt Report and the carrier’s admissions of liability, including the amount they paid you.
Please note that we will accept full colour high resolution photographs or scans of these documents in support of your claim. Please send these to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please retain the original documents as these may be requested.
Strategic Claims Dept, Delmon House, 36-38 Church Road, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 9AE, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)203 285 7246
Fax: +44 (0)870 112 8455